These are groups which do not receive any financing or resources from the CIBEREHD, but which benefit indirectly by being linked with it through cooperation in clinical/populational clinics, being given scientific advice for carrying these out, and through their participation in training activities and through education programmes.
The CIBEREHD currently has seven linked groups. These can be consulted in the GROUPS section.
These are groups benefitting from CIBEREHD financing for expenditure on consumables but not for taking on staff.
In 2007 Dr Paloma Martín Sanz’s group from the Instituto Investigaciones Biomédicas Alberto Sols was officially associated. The group studies the relationship between the expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and liver pathology, using different experimental models and human liver biopsies; and the molecular mechanisms involved in these processes.
The CIBEREHD exists in a global context which it has to interact positively with. This is accomplished through measures intended to encourage:
- Cooperation with other CIBER programmes. The CIBEREHD participates in two of the Interciber projects started in 2015 and financed by the ISCIII, also leading one of these. These projects are: "Understanding metabolic syndrome and fatty liver diseases" led by CIBEREHD (Chief Researcher: JM Mato), with CIBERDEM, CIBEROBN and CIBERSAM; and "Inflammation in chronic diseases", headed by CIBERDEM (Chief Researcher: A Zorzano), with CIBEREHD, CIBEROBN and CIBERSAM.
- Participation in European Union programmes and others (establishing bonuses for groups leading EU projects and similar in which at least three CIBER groups take part). It is intended to stimulate and support the participation of the groups in the CIBER in the coming call of the 7th Framework Programme.
- Joint actions with (national and international) Scientific Associations and Research Centres from other countries. Co-sponsorship of courses, scientific meetings and symposia with the Asociación Española para el Estudio del Hígado (AEEH), the Asociación Española de Gastroenterología (AEG) and the National Institute of Health of the United States (NIH).
- International exchange (especially with EU and Latin American countries).
- International cooperation (especially with Latin America).